2020 Hoosier Asphalt Tire Rule Update
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
In an effort to keep the cost of racing in the INEX series down, the following rules are being put into place for the Hoosier / Legend Car / Asphalt Tire.
These rules will go into effect on August 1st, 2020.
- Any tire found under 61 points on the durometer will be confiscated & sent to INEX for lab testing and possible further penalties from suspension to expulsion.
- 100% dry tire rule.
- Cutting tires, siping tires, grooving tires is not permitted.
- Tread depth (across the tire) must be no more than 1/32 of an inch different from side to side or outside to inside.
- The overall tread depth rule will be enforced using the wear bars in the tire. If a tire wears into the wear bar in two spots in a row (side by side or in the same groove), that tire will be considered illegal.
- The minimum tire & wheel combination weight (using the Aero or Bassett "light" wheel) is 24lbs.
- The minimum tire & wheel combination weight (using the standard wheel) is 27lbs.
- If any of the above listed tire violations are found, that car will be disqualified from the event the tire was used in.