|10/26/20||Bandolero Engine Seals|
|09/16/20||TIRE RULES FOR THE 2020 LEGEND CAR NATIONALS|
|07/31/20||2020 Radiator Mounting|
|07/17/20||2020 Digital Gauge Rule Posting|
|07/14/20||2020 Tire Prep Machines at CMS|
|07/14/20||2020 Hoosier Asphalt Tire Rule Update|
TIRE RULES FOR THE 2020 LEGEND CAR NATIONALS
Wednesday, September 16, 2020
The following rules will be in place for the 2020 Legend Car Nationals at Las Vegas Motor Speedway, October 15th, 16th & 17th.
- Dry tire rule
- 4 (INEX marked) new tires with Hoosier tire stickers & tire nubs are required to be used in qualifying.
- A minimum of 4, a maximum of 6 new tires (with Hoosier tire sticker & tire nubs) per car must be submitted to, and marked by INEX prior to the beginning of the first qualifying session on 10/16. (tires can be submitted to, and marked by INEX on practice day 10/15 and prior to qualifying on 10/16) These marked tires must not be used prior to qualifying.
- If you choose to have 6 new tires (with Hoosier tire sticker & tire nubs) marked. The 5th & 6th tires may be used after qualifying (for stagger, tire damage).
- If you choose to only have 4 or 5 tires marked by INEX prior to qualifying, you will not be able add more tires to your “inventory” after qualifying.
- Tires will be marked with car number and are not permitted to be swapped with other cars.
- If you choose to have 5 or 6 tires marked for your car, you can use them in any combination on that car after qualifying (tires can be moved around the car for stagger).
- Tires that INEX determines have been altered physically or chemically after they have been marked by INEX will have the tire confiscated & that car will be disqualified from the event.
- The INEX marked tires are the mandatory (and only) tires permitted to be used for qualifying, heat races and the main events.
- Cleaning rubber buildup off the tires is permitted.
- Buffing, cutting, scraping, heating, etc. to alter the shape, contour or tread depth of the tire is not permitted.
- Chemicals are not permitted to clean tires.
- If INEX determines that any tire has been altered in any way during the event, that car will be disqualified from the event.
- In the rare occurrence that a car needs more than its 6 INEX marked tires (big wreck, more than 2 flats, etc.), That must be approved by Scott Reinhardt.
- If a competitor purposefully flattens marked tires for the purpose of getting a new tire, that competitor will be penalized by INEX.
- You are not required to purchase new tires at the track.
- New tires can be brought from home / purchased from your local dealer.